CHICAGO MINI TANGO FESTIVAL
April 10-14, 2014
- This year's Festival is in honor of our friend and instructor, Enriqueta Kleinman, who will be greatly missed at this year's Festival
- Four days of classes and milongas at the Rosemont Hilton
- Instructors:Maximiliano Cristiani and Jesica Arfenoni - 2013 World Tango Champions (Buenos Aires) Marcela Duran (Buenos Aires/Kentucky), Alicia Pons and Luis Rojas (Buenos Aires), Oscar Casas and Ana Miguel (Buenos Aires), Christopher Nassopoulos (San Francisco), and Mariana Fresno
- Online registration for workshop passes is closed. Purchase of individual milongas, milonga pass, and Intensive Beginner Program passes is still open for online purchase. See Pricing & Payment and Registration
- DJs: Vivi La Falce (Buenos Aires), Mariana Fresno (Buenos Aires/New York), Hernan Prieto (Buenos Aires/Chicago),Christopher Nassopoulos (San Francisco), Ray Barbosa (Chicago), Ashwin Iyer (San Francisco) and Jae Youn (Durham, North Carolina)
- Intensive Beginner's Program
- Afternoon, Evening, Late Night and "Eye Opener" Milongas
- Pre-milonga classes and Welcome Milonga on Thursday, April 10
- Master Classes at the festival. Permission required and registration for the Full Festival, Saturday Arrival, or one of the weekend workshop passes required
Dates: April 10-13, 2014
Spice up your Spring with hot social tango dancing in Chicago. This weekend, for the 9th year, will provide you with a unique opportunity to share your love of tango, meet new people and celebrate Spring in Chicago.
The primary curriculum, featuring instructors from Buenos Aires, is designed with the experienced dancer in mind. A separate curriculum for the more novice dancer is also available.
Classes and the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday milongas will be held at the Hilton Rosemont. The Hilton Rosemont is offering $109+tax/room/night for up to four people. However, they have a limited number of rooms with two full beds versus a king bed. So book early if you want a room with two full beds. The Hilton will also have a special parking rate for Festival attendees. For more details and to register at the hotel go to: Lodging.
Shuttle service from the airport is available. Public transportation is also conveniently available to the airport and downtown Chicago. See Air Travel & Car Rental .